Access Statement for The Olympic Lodge:
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Olympic Lodge, Aylesbury offers incredible value for money accommodation in Buckinghamshire. No other hotel in the Aylesbury area can boast comfortable rooms of a good standard, a swimming pool, gymnasium, sauna and tennis courts all on the same site.
The Olympic Lodge has 50 rooms and 100 beds. All of our rooms are ensuite, specially adapted for disabled guests and all are equipped with tea and coffee facilities, direct dial telephone, colour televisions and broadband internet access.
Directly linked to the Olympic Lodge is the Wolfson Conference Centre, with six conference rooms it is able to host a variety of corporate events with the highest level of standards and facilities.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website – www.olympic-lodge.co.uk. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is HP21 9PP to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Aylesbury, which is 1 miles away (a 20-30 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The nearest bus stop is 500m/546yds from the Lodge – ask the driver for the stop oustide Stoke Mandeville Stadium.
- There is an on-screen information service for the hotel, stadium and local amenities available via the TV (also available on PC, mobile and tablet on www.sms.ch944.co.uk).
Car Parking and Arrival
There are over 25 disabled parking spaces on-site, the site is on one level with suitably level pathways leading up to the front door, which is automatic.
- Guests are welcomed in the reception are, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with 2 upright chairs, both with arms.
- The flooring is carpet.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- Assistance to your room is available by request.
- There are 50 fully accessible twin bedded rooms split on two floors. Access to the first floor is via a lift.
- Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged in ground floor room only.
- A Z bed for use by an assistant/friend or other family member is available.
- Blocks to raise the height of the bed are available on request.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit. Bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding is non-feather, widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and audio description facilities.
- Vibrating pillow pad are available on request.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- A level entry, step free shower.
- The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- Seat raisers and shower seats where required.
- The wash basin height is 800mm/31.5ins.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Grab rails, horizontal and vertical, around the shower.
- A grab rail by the bath.
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails either side of the toilet.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- Floor surfaces vary throughout the site.
- All floor floors are accessible via lifts.
- The toilet doors have a clear opening width of 700mm.
- There is level entry but with sufficient space to the side of the toilets.
- The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- There are vertical rails beside the basin.
- The toilet is well lit with a single fluorescent overhead light.
- There are lever taps or sensors on the sinks.
- The Cafeteria (situated in the Main Stadium Building)
- The door opening to the cafeteria is 750mm/29.5ins wide and it is level throughout.
- Lighting is natural daylight and lights , with overhead lighting used.
- The flooring is short pile carpet.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices cereals and fruit.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl can be supplied for bedrooms where necessary.
- We have tried to ensure each doorframe contrasts in colour with the surrounding wall.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 100m away. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- Free Broadband Internet access is available.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and suggested places to eat with details of their Access Statements for information, where available.